Wednesday 1 April 2009

How My MBP is configured

Ok, so this is just sad, I realise, but I'm sat here with the thing happily on my lap while Crispy plays Blue Dragon, so I figure I might as well get my typing fingers on, innit.

My MBP is an early 2009 model 17" MacBook Pro, with 4GB of memory and a 320GB 7200 RPM. I didn't get the SSD option, and slightly regret it. I cancelled the anti-glare option and am so glad I did as Engadget can go suck eggs whining about the 'glare' option, it looks WAY better. I also didn't pay the £800 to get the 8GB of memory I'll never use :P

  • I have iLife '09 and iWork '09 installed (more on that later)
  • Bootcamp partition to run Serif (for work, I hate the thing), maybe FFXI Online
  • VMWare to virtualise Bootcamp Partition. Haven't gotten around to installing Ubuntu, might not bother as wouldn't ever use, only for posing. Lol.
  • Candybar to make my Dock look like WALL-E/Dangermouse
  • WoW just because. I don't love it, but you have to have an MMO, and it's so easy to get hold of and pay for.
  • Handbrake for converting my MPEG-2 files from my Handycam to MPEG-4's that my Mac can view.
  • Skype for work :(
  • Spotify for its total awesomeness. EVERYONE should have Spotify.
  • twhirl for Twitter. I did use TweetDeck, but twhirl is just SO much simpler and shinier.
Dashboard Widgets:
  • Wikipedia
  • Weather (so handy!)
  • Twidget (for those quick updates)
  • Wallsaver (to pose - don't actually use it, is too distracting)
  • iStatPro (useful!!)
  • Calculator (handy)
  • Dice Roller (lol, easy for rolling damage dice while roleplaying, as there are no D5s in real life, and dividing a d10 by two is too time consuming when you're in a sweat up against an Orc with your life on the line!)
  • Sticky with my home IP address so I can afp to my home iMac if needs be.
Also obligatory Kingdom Hearts wallpaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment